Hotels in West Hollywood are a bit more expensive than those in the Hollywood area. That’s due to them being right on the Sunset strip amongst all the nighlife. The world famous Sunset Strip offers world class dining and shopping, as well as trendy bars and nightclubs. Here are some hotels you should consider.
- Chateau Marmont – The famous, french styled, castle looking hotel located at the beginning of The Strip. This hotel may look dated, but is still one of the most popular destinations for the rich and famous. This hotel is filled with legendary Hollywood stories, some not so glamorous, like John Belushi overdosing in one of the garden cottages. It’s still romantic, charming and has kept up with modern furnishings in all of the guest rooms. Walking distance to most of the entertainment on The Strip. 8221 Sunset Blvd
- Sunset Tower Hotel – This beautiful art deco hotel was once home to Hollywood Legends like, Erroly Flyn, Truman Capote and Marilyn Monroe. Still classy and elegant, this boutique hotel has floor to ceiling windows with beautiful views of Los Angeles. Rooms are comfy and modern. This hotel is located in the middle of The Sunset Strip, which makes this hotel a top pick. 8358 Sunset Blvd
- Mondrian Hotel – Another hotel in the center of all the action on The Sunset Strip. This hotel is a popular destination for the well-to do world travelers who love to party. Mondrian has beautiful rooms with stunning views, as well as great dining and the ever popular, Skybar. One of my favorite bars on The Strip! 8440 Sunset Blvd
- The Standard Hollywood – Considered a boutique motel thats ultra cool. Favorite home away from home for hipsters and the young at heart. Funky yet modern decor, The Standard is close to everything on The Strip and has its own cool poolside desert cafe. The Lobby lounge is something to see with a DJ at The front desk. Guest rooms have amazing views. 8300 Sunset Blvd
- Grafton Sunset – This boutique hotel is located in a prime location on The Sunset Strip. Also known for its large saltwater pool. Rooms are whimsical and colorful with zebra patterned bedding. A top notch steakhouse and a lobby lounge with small bites are also offered at The Grafton. 8462 Sunset Blvd.
- Palihouse – This boutique hotel is a few minutes away from The Sunset Strip, but is the place to stay, if you want a suite with a full kitchen. There’s also a great restaurant, rooftop deck and a beautiful lobby fireplace. Truly a cozy and elegant hotel. One of my favorite boutique hotels in Los Angles. 8465 Holloway Drive.
- Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel – Close to CBS Televisions City, this boutique motel offers comfotable, modern rooms with an outdoor pool and a restaurant. (pool and elevator are closed for enovations til April 15) Beverly Laurel is centrally located to everything, however a car is needed if staying here. A real good bargain. 8018 Beverly Blvd
- Alta Cienega Motel – Just a few minutes from The Sunset Strip. This motel had famed Rock Star, Jim Morrison living here at one time. Small but clean and at under $100. It’s quite the deal. Close to all attractions, but you’ll still need a car. 1005 N. La Cienega
- Banana Bungalow – This is probably the coolest hostel out there! With retro decor and close to everything in Hollywood, this hostel is always busy with hip tourists from across the globe. All private rooms have their own bathrooms and some have balconies. The co-ed dorm can sleep 6 and have lockers. Free breakfast, satellite TV, a movie lounge, cafe, and nice courtyard patio. Free underground parking is a plus. 603 N. Fairfax