Every year, in the month of April, The National Parks Service celebrates the beauty of nature, with National Parks Week. This year, National Parks Week is on Saturday, April 18th through Sunday, April 26th.
There’ll be a Junior Rangers Day on Sat. April 18th and the little ones will learn all about the different Parks. The kids will also have a chance to earn a Ranger badge!
California will have 11 parks that’ll have free entrance on that first Saturday and Sunday, weekend of April 18th and19th. Here are the 11 participating National parks:
1. Cabrillo National Monument
2. Death Valley National Park
3. Joshua Tree National Park
4. Lassen Volcanic National Park
5. Lava Beda National Monument
6. Muir Woods National Monument
7. Pinnacles National Park
8. San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
9. Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
10. Whiskeytown National Recreation area
11. Yosemite National Park