All the talk in Southern California this week is all about Disneyland’s big 60th year anniversary. Lots of things going on at the Happiest Place on earth to celebrate the Diamond Anniversary.
From the park being open 24 hours on Friday, May 22nd, to new exciting shows being revealed, to old rides being re-vamped. Here are some things to look for, if you’re planning on visiting Disneyland on May 22 or anytime thereafter…
- Open 24 Hours – Disneyland will be open for 24 hours on May 22, from 6am to 6am the next day, for an overnight party, to kick off the 60 year Diamond Celebration!
- Disneyland Forever – A new nightime show will be introduced with a street-to-sky experience. Not just a fireworks show anymore!
- Paint the Night Parade – A brand new parade featuring Mickey Mouse and Tinker Bell. Pixie Dust will be used to paint the night into a beautiful evening experience. Over a million lights will be used to help make all the favorite characters glow! A new float from the movie, Frozen will make its debut, too!
- World of Color – Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse hosts a special World of Color light and water show, called Celebrate! It’s an updated version to honor the Diamond Anniversary Celebration! It you loved the first show, you’ll love this one, even more.
- Celebration Decorations – Buena Vista Street and Main Street USA will have special decorations for this big celebration. It’ll feel like New Years Eve all summer long!
- Attractions Dazzle – Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle and The Carthay Circle Theater at California Adventure Park will be dazzling and sparkling. The castle will look even more magical than before!
- New Ears – You’ll be able to purchase new Mickey and Minni ears covered in gems and sequins. How very fabulous!
- Fancy Attire – All the main Disney Characters will be wearing brand new outfits in honor of the celebration, so be sure to keep an eye for them. Don’t forget to take pictures!
- Diamond Mad T Party – You have to go through the Rabbit Hole to get to this Dance Party, but once you do, you’ll experience jam packed, pulsating lights, neon colors and rockin tunes to make you want to dance the night away! There’s the main stage with live music, where you’ll join Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum for a bunch of fun and there’s The House of Cards, where you can take photos, play interactive games or just hang out.
- Prizes for You – Starting May 22, the park will give VIP experiences on a daily basis, to random guests. Perks include preferred viewing to entertainment and priority access to select attractions.
- New Special Foods and Drinks – All kinds of fun celebratory foods, including The Diamond Anniversary Cupcake, Enchanted Cherry Apple Frozen Lemonade and Frozen Pomegranate Silver Sparkler
- Hidden Diamonds – There’ll be specialty cocktails with glowing collectible “diamonds” to celebrate the anniversary. You can find them at restaurants and lounges throughout the resort.
- Find a Treasure – Every week, park guests can win a private party at Fantasyland or a cruise aboard the Mark Twain Riverboat, or even a tailgate party in Cars Land. Prizes will change every week.
- Limited Edition Merchandise – The park will offer special merchandise of all kinds for this epic celebration. There’ll be pins, art, accessories and apparel to commemorate the park’s history.
- New and Improved Rides – The Matterhorn Rollercoaster will introduce a new and enhanced Yeti in the icy caves and The Haunted Mansion will re-introduce the “The Hatbox Ghost back into The Mansion ride! Pretty cool stuff!
- California Adventure – This resort will join in on the celebrations with special food, decorations and fun events. So, be sure to make some time for California Adventure!